On Nov. 5, 1941, the Oklahoma Farm Bureau organizing committee of 45 delegates from 15 counties met in the public library basement in Ponca City. The committee was only responsible for gaining a charter membership attend the first meeting of Oklahoma Farm Bureau. It was urged that this committee did not adopt bylaws, elect directors, outline its program of work, or anything that was considered binding; the membership would be responsible for those actions at a later date.
The OKFB organizing committee also began renting an office in the Oklahoma City Livestock Exchange Building, which soon became the location of the first OKFB office. Rent for the space was $25/month.